Well, the Travelling Sketchbook has arrived safely at its first stop, with Kate in Northern Queensland.
As I was making it, I was thinking of the people who would add to it and then send it further on the journey.
Our final Sisterhood is
- Kate from Tall Tales from Chiconia
- Sandra aka Lady Red Specs from Please Pass the Recipe
- Chas Spain She lives in Victoria
- Sandi who lives in Victoria too
- EllaDee from EllaDee Words
- Sue from the Magpie Nest
- Alys from Gardening Nirvana
- Ushasree from Creative Crafts DIY
- Viv from Viv in France
- Constanze who lives in Munich
- Lyn from Tialys
- LucyAnn from LucyAnn and Luna Craft
- Margaret from the Crafty Creek
- and me
The Sketchbook will be going around the world ~ Australia, the United States, France, Germany and the United Kingdom. Then back to me. [I told my Mum about it the other day. She thought it was a wonderful idea, so I will have to keep her up-to-date on the Sketchbook’s adventures!]
Making the Sketchbook
Let me show you what the Sketchbook looks like. Again, I included some paper that I had drawn and practised on at other times. The front cover is a little garlic, that always looks to me like it is flying, quite appropriate for our journeying journal! The back cover has a couple of lilies. There is another sketch of mine inside.
I included different types of paper and different colours, because our Sisterhood will do all sorts of contributions ~ drawing, writing, sewing, collaging, whatever takes their fancy. The paper needed to be as flexible as the Sisterhood.
I’ve also included a world map, to record its travels.
I am hoping that each person will blog about what she is putting in, and I will link to the posts here. I can’t wait!