You all know what it is like to come home after a holiday.
The Downs List:
- Traffic. We hadn’t seen a traffic light from Mildura to Portland, but we knew we were coming home because of the traffic and the traffic lights and the frustrations created by silly drivers.
- Cleaning etc. I have done 7 loads of washing; we have washed the van inside and out and vacuumed the floor and other dust traps; we have been shopping to restock the fridge and pantry.
- Not going to sleep with the sounds of frogs and not waking up to the sounds of birds.
- The way the holiday retreats so quickly. I am immersed in my usual activities and the Big Sky Country of Menindee seems so far away.
- Not being able to travel in the car for hours and watch the bush go past. I know that for many this would be on their “Delights List”, but I love the long distances. I watch the changing environments and see the large raptors wheel across the sky. I read the map and enjoy the little towns we pass through. I think about all manner of things, especially those profound thoughts that are there one minute and gone the next!
So to the Delights List, the things I have missed:
- I am close to friends and family again; I am not relying on emails and Facebook and phone calls to keep in touch. I can
boretell my stories and show my photos and catch up with their lives. (However, #2 in the first list does make time a little difficult!)
- I have my painting to start. The beginnings are always fun.
- The toilet is much closer than in a caravan park ~ very important in the middle of the night!
- Stretching out on the couch!
- Delighting in the flourishing Spring garden. I am going to leave you with a gallery of the flowers and greenery in my garden.
What would be on your lists?